Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend Domestication

Today I bought my first Le Creuset piece of cookware- a beautiful cast iron skillet in their Kiwi color. I don't normally spend $70 on anything for the kitchen but this was an exception. Plus, it's usually $99! After gazing longingly at several pieces over at Williams-Sonoma, this pan called to me from the clearance section at Macy's. Hardcore collectors may laugh at my purchase of a piece in what I can only assume is an outdated color, but I am excited for all the recipes I can try.



Never satisfied with a bargain, I started searching online for Le Creuset, just to make sure I had truly found the best deal. Of course I happened to fall in love with every Le Creuset piece I saw on Amazon.com, including trivets, ramekins and casserole dishes. Especially this one:



Coming soon: Recipes cooked with my new skillet! The BF and I are looking forward to arroz con pollo and roasted brussels sprouts, just to name a few.

Buon appetito!

No comments: